Employment Discrimination Lawyers
An area of practice called discrimination laws would cover incidents of unfair treatment of people are dealing with in the workplace. This unequal and unfair treatment can be based on someone’s age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, sex orientation, genetic makeup, and other personal characteristics. And these types of discrimination are illegal.
Specific states may have their own unique discrimination laws and to learn more about your state specific discrimination laws that are different than federal, you should reach out to an employment discrimination lawyer in the state that you live in.
When you possess one of these personal characteristics and you are belonging to a protected class, discrimination is often something you may deal with in every day life. It’s not nice, it’s not fun, and you might find yourself dealing with discrimination when you are applying for a job, obtaining a loan or a mortgage, if you’ve been passed over for a promotion at work, if you are attempting to rent an apartment, or if you are unable to act as a store or restaurant because of a disability in the restaurant or store is not accessible.
Because you are dealing with all of these daily discrimination acts, you may not know that you can hire an employment discrimination lawyers such as the ones available Eric Siegel Law to help you when you are being discriminated for a job you are applying to, a promotion you have been looked over for, or more involving your workplace or potential workplace.
There are some terms you should know when you are dealing with discrimination law, and this means you should know these terms no matter what type of discrimination law you are dealing with. Though we are discussing employment discrimination, these terms can apply to multiple types of discrimination.
Terms to Know
- Disparate impact is the unintentional discriminatory effect the somebody may have when a practice or policy appears in a workplace environment. Disparate impact is often a roller policy that is affecting only a small portion of the workplace, and may not be noticed by the majority.
- Protected classes are considered being anybody who is attended by legislator to benefit from the statute of protection offered by employment discrimination and other discriminatory laws set in place by state and federal.
But you might be wondering, is the first discrimination lawyer you call going to be the discrimination lawyer for your case? This is not always the case. There are different types of discrimination lawyers out there and were going to give you a quick overview.
- Employment discrimination, means that on the employee side these lawyers are going to help you file a lawsuit but you first have to go to the EEOC. Lawyers can help you file the complaint with the EEOC as well. Sexual harassment in the workplace falls under this view to being a form of gender discrimination.
- Housing discrimination means that your landlord is discriminating against you due to a reason not related to a criminal record or poor credit rating. You may find yourself dealing with a housing discrimination law your on the chance you are disabled and trying to move into a non-accessible rental.
- Financial discriminations is going to deal with being denied a loan or charge a higher interest fee because of your gender, race or another protected characteristic under law.
- And of course the most commonly known discrimination is disability discrimination in the stills firmly of the Americans with Disability Act and it covers everything from employment to access the public buildings and housing.