If you have recently been hurt while engaging in work-related activity – regardless of whether you were physical on a job site when your injury occurred or not – it’s time to speak with a work injury lawyer El Paso, TX residents trust. In Texas, workers compensation benefits are made available to eligible who have suffered injuries or occupational illnesses as a result of their work-related activities, regardless of whether workers who have been injured are documented or undocumented workers.
Not every worker in Texas is entitled to these benefits in the event that they sustain work-related harm. For example, individuals who have been properly classified as independent contractors are not generally covered by workers’ comp insurance. But, some independent contractors who should rightfully be classified as full-time or part-time employees remain entitled to these benefits. If you are unsure about your eligibility for workers’ compensation benefits, that’s okay. When you schedule a risk-free consultation with the experienced legal team at Davie & Valdez, P.C., we can clarify your status and explore your legal options together.
Forms of Compensation Available to Injured Workers
The kinds of compensation that may be available to you at this time are dependent upon the circumstances that led to your harm. For example, if you were hurt because someone else was acting in a negligent or reckless way, you may be able to sue that individual for personal injury damages. Similarly, if you were hurt as a result of defective industrial equipment, you may be able to sue the manufacturer of that equipment. Conversely, if your injuries were sustained in a work-related car accident, you may be in a position to file an insurance claim to seek financial restitution for your harm.
When we speak with you, we’ll discuss what happened to you and what influences, behaviors, and factors were to blame for your harm. Some forms of compensation that may be available to you are fault-based, while others are not. This means that you may be entitled to significant compensation at this time, even if you were totally to blame for your injurious circumstances.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits
As a El Paso work injury lawyer at our firm can explain in greater detail, if you’re eligible for workers’ compensation coverage, you’re almost certainly entitled to file for these benefits if you have sustained work-related harm. That is because workers’ compensation is not a fault-based system and is largely unconcerned with whether you caused your injurious circumstances or not. The system is also unconcerned with whether you are a documented or undocumented worker. So, don’t shy away from scheduling a confidential, risk-free consultation with our firm to explore your legal options simply because you were at-fault for your harm or you don’t have proper immigration paperwork.
Personal Injury Damages
You may also be in a strong position to file a personal injury lawsuit with the assistance of the Davie & Valdez, P.C. team, provided that you situation meets certain criteria. When you meet with an El Paso work injury lawyer on our staff, they can clarify if this is a viable option for you at this time.
When To Lawyer Up
If your injuries are not plainly job-related, need extensive medical treatment, involve extended periods of time off work, or result in permanent disability, you should call an El Paso, TX workers’ compensation lawyer at Davie & Valdez, P.C.
Did the injury take place at work?
Not every injured employee will need to hire a lawyer. After all, the workers’ compensation system is an administrative procedure designed to be reasonably easy for employees to navigate. If you have an uncomplicated claim that is not being challenged by your employer or its insurer, you can most likely manage your own claim. Regrettably, the process is not constantly that easy. Many employees will need to– or can benefit considerably from– hiring an employees’ payment attorney.
In very few cases, a worker who suffers an injury at work can make a claim beyond workers’ payment, and an accident lawyer would be appropriate. If you were hurt as a result of your company’s deliberate act, or if you’re a crew member on a vessel or an interstate railroad worker, you can generally sue your employer in court for a work environment injury.
In very few cases, a worker who suffers an injury at work can make a claim beyond workers’ payment, and an accident lawyer would be appropriate. If you were hurt as a result of your company’s deliberate act, or if you’re a crewmember on a vessel or an interstate railroad worker, you can generally sue your employer in court for a work environment injury.
When a Lawyer Isn’t Necessary
If you suffer a reasonably minor injury at work that entirely recovers with treatment, you probably won’t require to work with a legal representative. Insurance companies are not likely to challenge claims that:
- include injuries that are plainly work-related.
- don’t require comprehensive medical treatment.
- don’t involve extended periods of time off work, and.
- do not lead to long-term injuries.
Except you sprained your ankle after you slipped on some water in the break space. Your doctor ordered you to ice your ankle, take pain relievers, and remain on bed rest for a couple of days. Since you work a desk task, you were able to return to work relatively rapidly and your ankle recovered within a couple of weeks. In this case, your trip to the medical professional would be covered. You most likely wouldn’t even receive wage loss benefits in many states due to the fact that you were only out of work for a couple of days.
When a Lawyer Is Typically Necessary
Any time you’re in a dispute with the insurer, you ought to think about employing a lawyer to represent you. You will need to gather proof in order to challenge the insurance company’s position, which might include taking depositions, asking for an independent medical exam, and employing expert witnesses– all of which require legal knowledge and skill which the at Work Injury Lawyers in El Paso, Texas at Davie & Valdez, P.C., have.
The following are some examples of when you’re best served by employing an attorney:
Your claim is rejected. Insurance providers reject employees’ payment claims for a variety of reasons. The insurance company may declare that your injury wasn’t job-related or that you submitted your claim too late. You can appeal the denial through the workers’ settlement system. While the appeals process differs from one state to another, it generally requires you to file official paperwork, utilize legal tools to gather evidence, and present your case at a hearing.
Not every injured worker will need to hire an attorney. The employees’ compensation system is an administrative procedure created to be fairly easy for workers to navigate. Numerous employees will require to– or can benefit considerably from– working with a workers’ settlement attorney.
Insurance companies reject workers’ payment claims for a variety of factors. You can appeal the denial through the employees’ payment system.
Call a Work Injury Lawyer in El Paso, Texas at Davie & Valdez, P.C., today.
Reasons to Hire an El Paso Work Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury at work and require legal representation it would be in your best interest to contact a work injury lawyer El Paso, TX clients trust to gain compensation.
Five reasons it would be beneficial to hire a work injury lawyer:
- If your workplace accident is complicated in nature, it would be beneficial to hire a work injury lawyer to assist you in the process. Typically workers comp is set up to aid in standard workplace injury claims. They are structured in a way to help those who have mild to moderate cases of injury. However, if you have suffered extensive injuries, and need extra medical care or an extended amount of paid leave it would be wise to seek outside legal help from an experienced attorney.
- If you believe your workplace or employer maliciously caused the accident or injury you were involved in it would be foolish to not have legal assistance representing you, and your specific situation. Although intimidating to stand up against an ill-intended employer or business, El Paso work injury lawyer will ensure you do not fight alone but will be with you every step of the process. Not only will your attorney guide you through the proper protocol of filing against and suing your employer or business, but they will advocate on your behalf, ensuring that you are compensated fairly.
- If your claim is rejected by insurance it would be appropriate to hire a work injury lawyer who will look into your case
and aid in communicating and negotiating with your insurance. Insurance may deny your work injury claim by stating the claim was filed too late. If insurance believes that your injury was not sustained at work, they may choose to deny your claim. In the case of a rejected claim, an employee can choose to appeal their denial through the worker’s settlement system. An attorney specializing in work injury can assist you in collecting the proper documentation, filing the appeal, and presenting your case in court if it comes to that.
- If you need professional assistance in obtaining proof, requesting medical attention independently, and collecting witnesses to validate your claim, it would be in your best interest to hire a work injury lawyer. When disputing your work injury claim with the insurer or employer you need to obtain varying documents that support your claim. An attorney will possess the skills needed to effectively communicate on your behalf and ensure you have all the proper documentation needed to validate your claim.
- While hiring a work injury lawyer is not necessary for every case where an employee is injured on the job, it is a smart decision for those seeking specialized help, or dealing with extenuating circumstances. The worker’s comp system is set up for typical and uncomplicated injuries at work, but an attorney becomes necessary when the injured employee feels their needs are not being met, or their compensation is unfair.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury at work, hire a trusted El Paso work injury lawyer and start your journey towards rightful compensation.