If your employer has retaliated against you for reporting fraud, public health concerns or other wrongdoing, it may be time to speak to a whistleblower claims lawyer in New Mexico. What your employer has done is unjust and you don’t deserve to be treated this way. Here are some benefits of working with a lawyer:
- Assist with gathering evidence. If you wish to file a whistleblower claim, you must have sufficient evidence. However, if this is your first time filing this type of claim, you might not know what type of evidence you need and how to organize it. That is where a lawyer comes in. He or she can help you gather the evidence you need, such as recorded phone conversations, emails and statements from witnesses, and present it in a persuasive way in court.
- Determine your eligibility for a whistleblower award. Not everyone who blows the whistle on a company’s illegal actions is entitled to a reward. There are multiple factors that determine whether you are eligible for monetary compensation or not. That is another reason to consult a skilled lawyer as soon as possible. He or she can look into the specifics of your case and determine if you have a good shot at obtaining compensation.
- Provide legal protection. If you want to report your employer’s wrongful actions, but are worried about retaliation, a whistleblower claims a lawyer in New Mexico can help. He or she can file a claim on your behalf while you remain anonymous.
How to Choose the Right Whistleblower Claims Lawyer
Choosing the right whistleblower claims lawyer can be overwhelming. Here are a few tips for selecting the appropriate lawyer for your case:
- Specific experience. Since whistleblower law is complex, you want to hire a lawyer who has handled many whistleblower claims in the past. A lawyer with experience will know how to properly present your case in court and protect your legal rights.
- Good track record of winning whistleblower claims. During your first consultation with a lawyer, ask him or her to provide a list of whistleblower cases and results. You definitely want to work with a lawyer with a successful track record.