Burn injuries go beyond physical damage. While injuries and scarring may be a part of the victim’s physical appearance, emotional scars run far deeper. Victims of fire, electrocution, and exposure to chemicals face unique challenges that require skilled and seasoned legal counseling the El Paso and Las Cruces, New Mexico area.
Roger Davie is an experienced lawyer in handling burn cases. Roger Davie has been practicing laws since 1985 and is a Texas Board Certified Employment Lawyer.
Injured At Work? We Handle All Types Of Injury And Wrongful Termination Claims.
If you have been severely burned or exposed to chemicals in an explosion, you need legal counsel who can take on the complexities of a burn injury claim. While you recover, we work hard on identifying the negligent party and the entire scope of your medical needs. In addition to immediate medical treatment and possible surgeries, skin grafts, plastic surgery, and even psychological counseling may be necessary in the future.
Pursuing the rightful compensation may come through one or more injury claims, including third-party liability, Occupation Safety And Health Administration (OSHA), or workers’ compensation. Roger Davie is skilled in pursuing all avenues to maximize the compensation you are entitled to.
Contact Our El Paso Burn Injury Lawyers
If you have suffered fire-related or chemical burns at work, contact workplace injury lawyer Roger Davie at 915-838-1100.
Common Causes of Burn Injuries at Work
While not many people expect to suffer burn injuries at work, it can happen in certain industries. Here are some common causes of burns at work.
- Chemical Burns: If you have to work around hazardous chemicals at your job, you need to be very careful. These chemicals are nothing to toy with and can result in burns if they touch your skin or eyes.
- Thermal Burns: If you come into contact with a heat source, like a boiling liquid or steam, you’re at risk of suffering a thermal burn. These types of burns are more likely to occur in restaurants and manufacturing industries.
- Electrical Burns: Electrical burns typically happen when a worker accidentally touches an exposed wire. These burns can severely damage the tissues and organs and even be life-threatening.
- Gas Explosions: Gas is used on a daily basis in most manufacturing plants and can be quite hazardous. If there is a leak in the pipeline, for example, it can lead to a gas explosion, causing serious burns.
Health Effects of Burns
If you suffer a burn at work, you may suffer serious effects, like:
- Infection: When you suffer a severe burn injury at work, it can take off a lot of skin. This can make you more vulnerable to contracting an infection. If an infection isn’t treated soon enough, it can lead to organ failure and death.
- Low Body Temperature: A serious burn can force you to lose body heat. If your body temperature gets too low, it can be fatal.
- Breathing Problems: If you inhale too much smoke while suffering a burn, you may have a difficult time breathing. This can lead to serious respiratory problems.
- Scars: Severe burns can also lead to permanent scars, which can cause disfigurements. Scarring can damage a person’s self-esteem and cause him or her to socially withdraw.
What to Tell Your Lawyer
If you endured a burn at your job, you should consult with a workers’ compensation lawyer as soon as possible. You deserve fair compensation for suffering such a terrible injury. During your initial consultation, you should tell your lawyer all the details about what happened. This includes when and where the accident took place and how it occurred. You should also inform your lawyer about the symptoms you have been experiencing and the types of medical treatments you have undergone thus far.
“Words can’t express enough how grateful and extremely happy I am to have had Mr Roger Davie represent the most tragic experience in my life. Not only is he and his case manager Deborah Morales professional, but they are also a hard working determined team, who sincerely care! I am truly thankful!!”