Texas Work Discrimination Lawyer
If you believe you’re being discriminated against at your job, a work discrimination lawyer El Paso, TX residents trust may be able to help. Dealing with this type of treatment at work can increase anxiety and depression and make your life more difficult. However, you don’t have to put up with it forever.
Here are a few signs you’re facing workplace discrimination:
- Denied Promotions: If you have been working very hard and have the experience and skills to succeed in a new position, but are always passed over, you may be facing discrimination. This may be especially true if someone less qualified always receives a promotion instead of you.
- Unjust Disciplinary Action: Sometimes employees have to be disciplined for bad behavior. However, if you’re disciplined when you actually haven’t done anything wrong, you may be facing discrimination. It’s possible that your employer is starting a paper trail to support your termination.
- References to Your Age: It’s illegal to discriminate against a person at work due to age. However, that doesn’t mean it never happens. If your coworkers constantly make comments about your age or your employer creates new policies that negatively impact older adults, you’re likely being discriminated against based on your age.
- Unequal Pay: Another common type of discrimination in the workplace is unequal compensation. If a coworker of the opposite gender has the same amount of experience and qualifications as you, the two of you should be paid the same. However, if your coworker gets paid more, it may be a form of discrimination.
- Failure to Accommodate Religious Beliefs: While companies impose dress codes on their employees, they should make reasonable accommodations for workers’ religious beliefs. For instance, a Muslim may request for an accommodation to wear a head scarf. If a company refuses to make these accommodations for your religious beliefs, you should speak to a work discrimination lawyer in El Paso, TX.
- Favoritism: If a certain group of people at your workplace have better offices or constantly receive better job assignments, there may be something up. The supervisor may be giving them preferential treatment based on discrimination.
Consulting With a Lawyer
If you’re being discriminated against in the workplace, it may be difficult to go to work every day. You deserve to be respected and work in a comfortable environment. A skilled lawyer can help you file a discrimination lawsuit against your employer and stand up for you.
Schedule a consultation with a work discrimination lawyer in El Paso, TX, contact Davie & Valdez P.C., today.